etit news: on April 16th hubby and I were celebrating our 19th anniversary. An entire lifetime together! And I couldn´t let this special occasion go unnoticed. Part of this story was meant to be a story written for us: Gizma and Tig´Oume.
A bit the Romeo and Juliet trope, they weren´t meant to be together, as they came from different races. This is the living proof that children tend to repeat their parent´s patterns. A siamese-halfbreed in love with a tiger (see Gizma´s childhood story).
Being cats my favorite (non mythical) animals; and tigers, my husband´s favorites, I wanted to create those characters and make a love story. What happened? Well, of course in a world like Aroura, this certainly wouldn´t be rainbows and flowers all the time.
They met at the royal ball. He, one of the members of the King´s bodyguards. She, one of the apprentices of the royal inventor. They came to the private soirée to show the King his latest invention: a time traveling machine which could be used to rearrange all those moments in the story of Aroura/ Navelport in which the Mother could be in danger.
It would have been lovely to say it was love at first sight. In fact, she was really smitten to that gallant tiger, and did everything to attract his attention, although she though he has a bit full of himself, too. For him, she was one of a group of giggling girls.
It was her shy insistence that made him curious about asking her out; althought, if I asked him, I´m sure that he would say that he was the one who asked her out first.
They never let themselves delude about their future. They knew there was none. They decided to seize the moment and enjoy what could be a summer lovin´.
Some of their friends knew about their affair, and even if they didn´t approve, they kept the secret lest they were punished as heretics.
Nowadays, there are some rumors about that someone saw them together and they fled the country in opposite directions to protect each other from the cleansing fires of inquisition. Others say, they had secret missions to fulfill on their own. One day, we might really know what happened to them…
* Listening to: El paseo de los tristes / Desde mi cielo by Mago de Oz
Do you have a favorite fictional couple? Now, for a change of topic, follow me to the next post: Q is for Quagmire.
If you missed the former posts, you can find them here:
8. I is for Industry and Factories. The future is today!
9. J is for the Jolly Roger and L is for Lifestyle and society.
10. M is for Mythology and Folklore. / Magic Temples.
12. O is for the chosen One / Oblations, offerings to deities.
13. (You are here) 😉
15. S is for Science, Knowledge and Medicine / Sky travels – some transportation.
16. T is for Time travelling once and again / Time Machines.
17. U is for Unicorns are Real! The Leibniz Unicorn.
18. V is for Victory and happy endings.
19. W is for War, war, war! Weapons, militaries and battles.
20. X is for the Xtrange sights and prophecies.
21. Y is for YA (Young Adult) or A (Adult)?
23. *Bonus post: Thoughts about #BlogchatterA2Z and #AtoZChallenge
*Here you can go to the Linky to the #BlogchatterA2Z post´s for the letter P.
I´d love to hear from you. if you have any comment, or want to know more about this story, you can post a comment. Also, if you are doing the #AtoZChallenge, please drop here your link, I´d be happy to read your blog posts. 😀